Tuesday 21 May 2019

Sometimes Things Need To Be Done Twice

Work on the next bit was going well. On day one the next section of wall below Awdry was cut out and Scalescene's red brick glued on top. Day two saw most of the plinth added, except that I ran out of brick paper. I printed another sheet off and it was a different, more saturated colour.

I experimented a bit and worked out that with my Epsom printer (a really cheap inkjet), if I print off more than one sheet, then the colours are faded.

I don't know why. It didn't happen with the old printer. 

I printed off a whole heap of new sheets of brick paper in individual one sheet jobs. Check out the difference. The top half is the first attempt.


The wall was finished and a quick trip to the layout yesterday saw the tarmac put down for the loading area and the coal conveyer.


The next bit to sort out is the small cattle yard next to the tarmac.

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment