Friday 2 November 2018

The Station Building Part 3

It's been a hectic week with meetings and other commitments after work but I've been able to squeeze in a weeks worth of fifteen minutes or more.

The first thing to do was to cut out the roof of the building. I experimented on a bit of cardboard first. 


The curved ends were cut using a curve cutter. I'd purchased this years ago and finally took it out of its pack.

It seemed to fit well enough and once a couple of mistakes were sorted out the roof was cut out of, what I think was 60 thou styrene.

Once this was fitted well, I went to work on the pilasters. There were only two of these. I originally planned for three but it didn't look right. These were made but gluing three thicknesses of brick styrene together. They were also made in two parts - one for above the roof and one for below.


On the Dungog Station building, the pilasters stop a little above the windows above the roof. In hindsight, mine could have gone a bit higher. The building so far was blutacked together for the final photo.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment