Saturday 2 March 2019

The First Dairy Part 1

One the Sapphire Coast Line there are three dairies. Technically, there are four, if you count the one on Billabong Marina.

These dairies are at Bega (for cheese), Awdry and Frog's Hollow. As I'm starting at the top and back to work my way forward and down, Awdry is the first of these dairies.

A number of people in the model railway press advise to make a mock up. I figured that I should do this. The original idea was to try and copy the dairy at Gerringong. I simplified it a bit and just put together something made out of cardboard as a place holder.


It's not too bad. A bit of procrastination means that nothing has happened. Until today.

The latest Hornby Magazine has a free low relief dairy kit from Scalescenes. It looks great. It's a little more art deco than I originally planned but a great place to start.

I've a fair bit of plastic which I purchased on a trip to Melbourne once and so I have a few sheets of Slater's English Bond to use up. I also have old bits from old kits. Could I do something with these?


Here's the start. Windows and doors are from old Walthers buildings and kits.


Half an hour later, I had a plan.


Before too long the platform was put together (not shown) and the basic outline of the building cut out.

Next job is to cut out the windows and doors.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment