Sunday 10 March 2019

Dairy Part 2


Throughout the week I finished the main building. I added the art deco style columns to the dairy and some brick trim. I also added concrete lintels over the windows. Side walls were constructed out of brick embossed styrene attached to 40 thou styrene before being attached. The brick trim on the lower section will hold the brackets for the awning. I stuck it in place and it looked grand.


The whole building was given a couple of coats of white primer.


The bottom part was masked and Model Master Burnt Sienna was chosen for the top half. This paint was really thick and gluggy. I thinned some down for my airbrush but it was too thin. I'll have another crack tomorrow.



The windows and doors were sprayed as well. A few oil drums for S truck loads were painted the same colour as the door. This colour is a close match to some light blue drums stored at the oil depot at Billabong Marina. (Click the link here https://billabongmarina.blogspot.com/2016/12/nothing-much-to-see-here.html 

Jobs for this week:

1. Repaint dairy and bricks on the platform. 
2. Paint some oil drums red too. 
3. Create some coping tiles for the top of the dairy.
4. Paint platform top, coping tiles and lintels. 
5. Cut out awning and add brackets.
6. Paint awning and brackets.
7. Add windows, doors, glazing, awning and coping tiles. 
8. Print and add logo for the sign.
9. Begin landscaping around building.

I hope that it all goes well.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment