Tuesday 12 November 2019

North Eastern Corner Part 2


Catastrophic fire conditions in Greater Sydney saw my overnight work trip on Monday cancelled and my workplace closed on Tuesday.

There are some silver linings. I was able to knock off some things on the list posted on Sunday night.

The first was to glue the polystyrene together. The two notches are for wires for the lights.


It was held in place with some masking tape. Then it was covered with Plaster or Paris, poured on and spread out with a paddle pop stick.


After it had dried, I painted it with a wash of acrylic paints - the same shades used on the embankment earlier.


Granted it doesn't look amazing but after a bit of static grass magic is applied it should look better.

Today, I applied the glue and static grass. Not all of the grass was applied today. I wanted to make sure that the glue was dry left and right of the where the white house is. The is none around the ballast loader as I want to put a building in that location first.


I painted a fence for a park next to the white house. I thought that I had enough of the Walthers wooden fencing to complete the job but I want big back yards. Some more is on order, as is a playground. I'm going to hold off on this part until I get the fences and the playground. Then I will be able to finish this in one or two evenings.

It's a little disappointing that I've put the houses so high up as I can't easily see into the back yard with the fence up, (The top image shows the view.) especially as I have a whole heap of vegies to put in the gardens. However, I reckon that I'll put them in anyway. I have a step stool so visitors can stand on that to see the garden.

The foam doesn't quite sit right on the board. I'm hoping to cover the gap with some vegetation. I could glue it down but I want to be able to remove this when I need to.

The base board needs painting before I get much further and the track needs some ballast. I reckon, they'll be the next tasks.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment